Friday, October 12, 2007

Show Me a True-Blooded Aggie

It would appear Noah and I have not existed in October. Quite the contrary - but sorry for the lack of posting.

A few weeks ago, we headed up to the spot where the sagebrush grows to stand in the rain and watch the Aggies lose. Fortunately, the soggy slaughter was sandwiched between lunch with old ASUSU/Ambassador/SAA colleagues and dessert with the Thatchers. And we watched the game with our favorite SLC Aggies - the Millets (pictured below). So aside from the heartwrenching loss (they really had me believing for a while they might seal the deal) and the guy next to Noah who reeked of meat (not pictured below) it was a great time.



I also had one of those "weird, this isn't my scene anymore" moments... like when you walk through a high school for the first time after graduating. My adorable little sister is now on the SAA board, so she and her roomie came with Noah and me to the SAA tailgate before the game. As we walked through the parking lot holding our coats over our heads as makeshift umbrellas, I saw an old acquaintance of mine and Noah's. He waved, so naturally I waved back ... just as he stepped forward and threw his arm around Megan. It was sort of a jolt to realize I was now the observer, no longer the participant.

And another Aggie football game picture (better weather, longer hair, same score ... ) from last year.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys say that the Aggies lost? Sorry guys but when don't the Aggies lose? Ha Ha suckers!

melissa o said...

I love to see the difference in your hair from year to year! You and Noah are so freaking adorable. I have such great looking friends!! :)

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

A) LOVE the haircut!
B) I had the exact same feeling at a basketball game after I graduated. Weird, isn't it??

Natalie Que said...

Totally feel you on the loss of your scene. I am still waiting for that feeling to kick in for Ben. Somehow I think it will ALWAYS be HIS scene for the rest of our lives, boo...

jon and whit said...

hey there! this is whitney robinson! (from the 57th ward!) i just got to you guys through ladd & jaci's! you guys are so cute i miss you! i added you as one of our links, hope thats ok! so check us out - we'd love to keep in touch! :) jonandwhit.blogspot.com

Kami said...

I LOVE the Riley's! And Al, your hair is absolutely adorable-cute cut, great color-you look great (but can we expect any less-you always look great) Lori said you picked her up from the airport, and Mel said y'all went out to lunch...can we say jealous!?! Miss you!

Alexis said...

Al...CUTE hair. Love it!! I understand about it not being your scene...try living up here and having those feelings. I guess maybe it is time for me to move on. Anyways...y'all are so cute.

the.kim.peterson said...

I like your current hair a lot. The Aggies suck, but you do have a great song. The one about the English men and the thistles, whose words I don't know but I know you eluded to.

melissa said...

Allison! Jen said she loved having you beautiful people at her home. I added you to my blogging buddies. Hope that's cool. You can see my blog at: www.maximumbrainjail.blogspot.com.
Your cousin,
Melissa