Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ay Carumba.

I woke up yesterday morning, and while Noah left to go help a family move a dresser (I love that about him) I was looking forward to spending a cozy morning inside while the rain drizzled outside the kitchen window. It was the kind of morning where you curl up with a mug of hot apple cider and a good book... only I didn't have any cider and I was reading the latest blog activity. Either way, I was enjoying a quiet morning inside, when ... what the mariachi music? And to add insult to mariachi, a loud, robust whistle (not necessarily on key) chimed in.

The drawback of living in an apartment with neighbors on all sides is the near-impossibility of determing from where the sound is coming. Further adding to my madness was the fact it seemed to be coming from above my head, and last time I checked, we live on the top floor. Finally, I determined it may be coming from below us. But what gives? These folks have been quiet up until now. Perhaps this is to punish me for doing kickboxing in my living room for the past few months.

Okay, truce. No more TurboKick at unholy hours and no more fiestas on otherwise peaceful Saturday mornings.

7 comments:

Skipper said...

Good to see you around the cyber world Noah...and nice to *meet* you Allison.

Ahh, yes. The joys of ethnically diverse neighbors. In South Carolina we had Pakistani up-stairs neighbors...I hated when they would watch their "football" games.

Ashley said...

Hmm, would you take mariachi over annoyingly off-beat base from my 45-yr old neighbor listening to Lil' Bow Wow? It wasn't so hard to say adios to that one.

The Anderson's said...

Ah ha! Well, the bouncing neighbors aren't enough to keep these cyper walls from springing out in the early morn's of September... ada kid. Well, just wanted to let you know that we consider you friends. Pretty neat huh? ha ha Actually, I just posted your blog to our "modes of entertainment" section in grand notation of the fact that we will be there Monday! Horray! So, we will see you there and beware... I can down an apple in seconds.

The Bryger Family said...

Allison!

How are you. I don't know if you remember be, I was in your student ward! I found your blog on the Udy's. I love finding blogs! Hope all is well!

Kasey Merrell

Claire said...

This reminds me of our upstairs neighbor... who loves to listen to rave music any time between 6am-1am on any given day.... it's like an internal drum beat, but it isn't my internal drummer, its my raver-neighbor.

Ah, apartment living :)

the.kim.peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the.kim.peterson said...

I posted the wrong comment on the wrong person. Remember how the other person has a 5 year old little brother named Noah? And then I got confused because cause he's not old enough to move furniture. You are great. And so is Noah.