Friday, September 21, 2007

Safe at Home

Anyone who shares my sister's in-laws' fear of all that is west of State Street may find this post's title a little amusing.

When I found this quote, I loved it - it really seems to sum us up. Well, the first sentence, at least :). Noah and I are always game for an adventure, I think it's what really drew us to one another in the first place (that and my side hugs and cold shoulder). But right now, I kind of feel like we're in the "safe at home" stage. It's really not a complaint, and I hesitate to make the observation because we really are so blessed, it's almost hard to grasp sometimes. We have an amazing little life on 6th North and life is so good. But sometimes I pine for a job opportunity in Phuket, or a shopping spree in the black markets of Shanghai (that's half my wardrobe - and I hate paying full price for anything, so I don't know how we expect to dress our future kids otherwise!), or agitating pigeons in St. Mark's square while sporting a long jacket and Jackie O's.

But until then - we're soaking up every bit of adventure Salt Lake can dish out, and loving every minute of it. We're also enjoying the great company of amazing family and friends we have nearby. Thanks for visiting our blog, we're excited to keep you posted on all the zigs and zags of this adventure we call life.

4 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Hey guys! You need some more posts...

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Ha! I didn't think anyone even HAD this blog address yet :) I know - I seriously need to post more to keep up with the Rileys and the Rileys... we'll try our best!

the.kim.peterson said...

Yeah! I work as a PR photographer for Virginia Tech. I'm just an intern, but it pays double that Developement Azzociates internship and I actually like doing it. How are you and the Noahers doing? Where are you these days?

JEM said...

Hi Rileys!! (Allison, you don't know me, but I'm old pals with your hubby and I think he's the bees knees, so I'm certain you are, too.) I want a full update on your life together, where do you work, why Allison is so well traveled, and when you plan on making a trip to Europe so you can stay with us in our homey concrete commie flat. My e-mail is jasmine.michaelson@gmail.com. I eagerly await your reply.