Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gone Country

Well, Noah and I are already enjoying the perks of client relations and big cities (-er, bigger than Logan). The agency that represents SelectHealth kindly hosted us at the Keith Urban concert the other night. And after a tasty trip for Thai we headed over to the Energy Solutions Arena (ugh, I've conformed. I actually just called it that) where the stellar acoustics helped level the playing field between those who knew all the words and those of us who didn't (which is probably good, because I have a sneaking suspicion the back-up vocals guy doesn't actually speak English anyway).



There we are (sans hats, boots and belt-bling requisite any good country concert-goer, we're such posers) - and Keith is the background, I swear. That's what I love about concert pictures, we could be standing in our front room for all you know. If it looks like I had a 3:00 appointment with some kid at a flagpole, that's because Noah totally checked me in the eye during his rambunctious participation in the wave. I have a staunch no-wave policy, and apparently Noah wanted to show me what a good time one might have when participating in said wave. But I don't think an elbow to the eye is quite the conversion ploy he thought it might be.

All in all, we had a great time. Keith put on a great show, and there isn't a lady around who can resist that accent.

6 comments:

Rileys said...

Here's a little tip you will need to survive in the bloggong world- Let people know you have a blog so that your not the only ones looking at it! Looks great though!

OurHappyFamily said...

Yay. . . you finally joined the wonderful world of blogging! I'm excited to keep updated on your lives! You can visit us at:
www.curtisandhillary.blogspot.com

Hillary (Brady) Whalen

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I know! I know! I literally started this like four days ago, I don't know how everyone already has the blog address. I WAS going to let everyone in on it once it actually looked good :)

Natalie Que said...

Hey guys, so fun, you are hilarious Allison! Glad to see you are actually going to do this blog thing (I kept checking back but there was nothing too much goin' on)

Let's get together again soon, that was really fun a couple of weeks ago!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Hi Hillary - It's nice to hear from you! I'll have to make sure Noah graces the site's presence every once in a while to keep updated on everyone's comings and goings. I hope all is going well for the Whalens - are you still in AZ?

Claire said...

YES! I love that you have a blog! Fantastico!

I also love that you have a no-wave policy. Awesome.

You guys are such a beautiful couple!