Friday, November 9, 2007

Halloween


I just had to add this late addition... what a cutie. Laine's not bad either.

We're just a few days behind schedule reporting our Halloween activities. But this year's Halloween was a fun (and photographed) one, making it excellent fodder for a post.

We kicked off the whole season with more than our fair share of caramel apple making. Most of which was spearheaded by yours truly, so rest assured, this is not a complaint. Three cheers for the Riley family orchard... I so married into the right agrarian scene.



We also got our spooky artsy fix with an evening at Odyssey Dance Company's Thriller with the Millets. It was a lot sweeter when we were students and snagged tickets for a measly $5 each. Even still, this is such a rad performance. All those creepy girls who can pop their arms out of socket and hang them listlessly over their heads... those are the moments you wish your parents had opted for dance and socket-popping lessons over the boring old violin and piano.

This year, I was so excited to have a primary (albeit very small) of trick-or-treaters around. But because we weren't going to be in Salt Lake for the actual occassion, Noah and I decided to trick-or-treat our primary kids instead. We went as just-came-from-our-evening-workout. It wasn't a difficult ensemble to pull together, we just went straight from our evening workouts. Not creative. A little frightening. It was so much fun! We have some of the sweetest little kids in our neighborhood, and it was fun to catch them off guard on October 30. They didn't even see it coming.



On Halloween, we headed to Herriman to visit that Riley bunch. We took the chicken and the zebra out to get the goods for the eventual sugar-induced coma. Laine was so funny about it. She practiced "trick or treat" at each door, until somebody finally answered, at which point she promptly froze. Her momentary pause was inevitably disrupted by the family dog making an appearance, which sent Laine into delighted shrieks of "Doggie! Doggie!" and she quit paying attention to the bowl of sugar in front of her. After three or four houses repeating the same drill, she tired of the whole experience and we walked back home. I swear I was never such a distracted and/or apathetic trick-or-treater...



For those of you who are starting to worry a little about the picture, rest assured, I still bleed Aggie Blue. I invested in a little masking tape, face paint, a backcomb and some Aquanet and went as a Zoobie to our office Halloween party - partly because the hairdo alone rates up there with "scariests" in my book. Speaking of scary, who knew my roots were so grown out?! Yeesh. Good thing I don't sport the Utah Valley Girl 'do very often...

7 comments:

the.kim.peterson said...

I absolutely love your halloween costume. Also, i love the aggie song and I could sing it all day.

Rileys said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween. I love going with kids, it makes things so much more memorable because they are always doing/saying something funny.
Makes me sad, I miss hanging out with family on holidays!

Natalie Que said...

Allison, did you get those pics from my blog? Sorry, I should have emailed them. I have more pics, do you want them? There are lot's more cute ones of you guys! Let me know!

Fun to see you guys tonite!

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you posted this on your blog. I almost lifted the picture off the family website to post on my blog, because I LOVE the Utah Valley girl hair. I still don't know how they get it that big. I've never had the nerve to try.

Paco Belle said...

Ready? Okay...Allison, like that is the most totally awesome crazy Halloween costume EVER!! Like I'm so proud to see the true byu fan in you come out. Like byu just rocks right?! Like totally better than...ok, I can't do it. Glad to know we feel the same about the institution to the south. U rock!

Claire said...

I love the apple picture! And.... the Furniss fam caramel is the BEST!

Alisa and Crowells said...

Love the Zoobie shirt--all about the Y. :) Those caramel apples...man, they looked so delicious. Happy Haunting!