Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dear Snow,

Thanks for finally showing up. I find you 11 times more pleasant than the ugly gray and bare trees we've been enduring for the past few weeks. Plus, it feels a lot more natural to listen to the all-day every-day Christmas radio stations Noah preset in the car with you around.

Fair warning: it probably won't be long before I'm cursing your very existence. Don't take it personally. It's not your fault we don't have a garage. You also didn't force us to purchase a vehicle with rear-wheel drive.

Welcome back! It's good to see you.

Best,
Allison

7 comments:

su-tang 3000 said...

Of course Noah has all the Christmas music on the presents.

Darby said...

Don't get burned out on the Christmas music too fast. It ruins Christmas. I love your blog! Your Zoobie outfit and hair were classic!

Ashley said...

Is Whiters using you AS a sleigh?

riley said...

Could this post be more hilarious?! I love it, so funny. I think I will write snow my own letter of thanks, I will only see her for a few more weeks!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

No - I'm pretty sure we had a little sled under us at some point. But the kids were all about riding on our backs, head-first down the hill. Whit was so tough.

Jaci said...

So fun! Did you know that you are an excellent creative writer? My goodness!

Whitney said...

this is such a creative and great post! and i hear you, snow is great for Christmas, but for now...totally different story! ;)