Monday, March 28, 2011

Ought Not Guess.

Noah came home Saturday on an early flight from Toronto. While he promptly hit the hay, I busied myself with cleaning the apartment... the 150 square feet that didn't encompass the room where he was sleeping.

A spotless bathroom and kitchen later, I made my way into the living/dining/bedroom where Noah stirred and admitted, "I have a bit of a guilty conscience."

"Don't worry, sweetie - I don't mind cleaning. I know you're tired."

"No, um... I was going to say I left your scriptures in my hotel room in Toronto."

Lesson learned. Don't guess what you think your spouse should be feeling guilty for.

3 comments:

Spratt said...

I'm sure if you call the hotel you can get them back. You probably knew that already though. :)
Let us know how it turns out.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh boys.

Noahr said...

For the record, the scriptures are in the mail.