Monday, October 20, 2008

Anniversary

It's been two whole years, and I'm still madly in love with this guy...
October 20, 2006 was a pretty excellent day. And windy.Like most couples' big day, the day was busy - but I loved that it didn't feel frantic. We enjoyed a nice wedding brunch with close friends and family. Our wedding ceremony was performed in the Salt Lake City Temple by a dear friend and fellow USU alum, Val R. Christensen. We partied at our beautiful autumn reception, tossed the bouquet, cut the cake and ditched the scene.

(I was looking for the picture where we're giving off a very 'peace out' vibe. Can't find it. Ashley - was it from your camera? Ah, well - the 'just cut this cake so we can leave' shot will suffice.)

By the day's end, I felt a little like Barbie in the scene from Toy Story (ah, yes. only the finest cinematic works need be referenced on this blog...) - my face was killing me. And my feet were also a little worse for the wear. So I popped a few Tylenol before heading to the inn where we stayed that evening. Ahem - I popped a few Tylenol PM before heading the inn where we stayed that evening. I was out cold before we even hit the freeway.

Just the beginning of oh-so-many such antics Noah would have to put up with over the next two years and counting.

But I have a hunch he's still pretty head over heels as well.

12 comments:

Jen said...

I love that story about the Tylenol...and the windy bride. What a gorgeous cake! Wish we had been there. Thanks for sharing your last/first anniversary with us!

allyn said...

here's to many more!
you two are such a sweet, beautiful couple. it must be because you are so in love.;;

Kari said...

I love your veil in that 2nd picture. Was your hair really that long???

Amy said...

Happy Anniversar! You were a beautiful bride!!

Kami said...

Oh my goodness has it really been 2 years already?!? I remember that beautiful day like it was yesterday! What a beautiful wedding, wonderful couple and great people! Still one of my top ten couples ever! Congratulations

candace said...

4 comments in the first 5 hours?? Out of control!! Congrats, you two! I hope you enjoy many more years of butternut squash.

Writer J said...

Love the smile that you put on, as well as the Toy Story reference :) Congrats Allison! You're beautiful.

Claire said...

YAY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

You guys were so beautiful together, what a lovely physical representation of your beautiful marriage! (Ok, so weird comment, but you know what I mean- hooray for your marriage!)

AJ and Cindy said...

Congrats on your 2 years! I loved seeing your wedding pics! Your dress was really pretty. I hope you guys are doing well, I miss you as my visiting teacher :( How is your new ward?

lauren said...

mmk, you two are really cute. and i love the pics you included. happy anniversary!

Travis said...

Congrats! It was fun to see you guys again. Your such a fun couple. Best wishes in the years to come.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Adorable!! Here's to so so so many more!